Rules under the Party Constitution of
People’s Party of Arunachal
Article XXXIV MEMBERSHIP
- The constitution provides for the membership record to be kept under
The supervision of the District Committee (DC). While the final authority for veracity of the records and its authenticated copy will be the DC, the maintenance of records can be delegated to the intermediate/local committee in a State, if so dedicate by the state committee concerned.
- The receipt for the membership fee has to be given to the member concerned.
- Membership fee is Rest. 10/-
- The subscription received from the member shall be distributed in the following proportion among the units every three years:
- Renewal of party membership each year must be completed by March 31st.
- The district Executive must deposit the membership fees with the centre by 31st May each year.
Article XXXV PARTY PLEDGE
THE PLEDGE SHALL BE:
“I accept the aims and objectives of the party and agree to abide by its Constitution and loyally to carry out decisions of the Party. I shall strive to live up to the ideals of regionalism and shall selflessly serve the people of the State, always placing the interests of the State and people above personal interests.”
- I believe in concept of regional autonomy, decentralization of economic and political power which is the basic philosophy of the Peoples’ Party of Arunachal.
- I firmly believe that regional development and peace can be achieved by autonomy policy making or decentralization of economic and political power.
- I subscribe to the concept of a Secular State base of regional planning and development.
- I am committed to the aims of the Peoples’ Party of Arunachal.
- I do not believe in discrimination based on caste, sex or religion.
- I am not a member of any other political Party.
- I undertake to abide by the Constitution, Rules and Discipline of the Party.
Name in Capital Letter: Signature:
Article XXXVI FUNCTIONS OF PEOPLRS’ ASSEMBLY
Functions and powers of the ‘Peoples’ Assembly are as follows:
- To discuss and act on the political and organizational report of the state Executive.
- To discuss and change the party programme and constitution.
- To determine this party line on current situation;
- To elect the State Executive by secret ballot.
Article XXXVII DISTRICT, CITY, BLOCK, SECTOR AND VILLAGE CONFERENCE
- Functions and powers of District, City & Block Conferences are as follows:
- To discuss party organization membership.
- To elect District and Block Executive by secret ballot.
- Functions and powers of Village meeting
(ii) To elect the Chairmen and Secretary of Village Committee by secret ballot.
(iii) Village Committee shall carry out the party policy and programme as directed by the higher bodies
- Functions and powers of the Sector Meeting:
(i) To discuss party organization membership matter.
(ii) To elect the Chairmen and Secretary of Sector Committee by secret ballot.
- Sector Committee shall carry out the party policy and programme as directed by the higher bodies
Article XXXVIII PARTY ELECTION
- Returning Officer
The President in consultation with the State Executive shall appoint a Returning Officer for conducting election of the Party.
(b) The State Returning Officer shall appoint a District Returning Officer for each district for the conduct of elections of the District President. The District Returning Officers will in turn appoint Block Returning Officers for conducting Block elections. The Block Returning Officer will appoint Village Returning Officers to conduct Village Committee elections. The District and Block Returning Officers must be from outside the area for which election Is to be conducted. There will be no bar for Stale Returning Officer to be a candidate for the State Executive.
(c) In case of City and Sector election same pattern of district and village shall apply
(d)Election disputes during election up to the Block level would be decided by the District Returning officer. These must be submitted within 3 days of the dispute. They will be disposed off within 7 days. Appeal will lay with the three member District Appeal Board appointed by State Returning office within 10 days.
(e)Election disputes during the election of the District President and the election of State. Executive would be submitted to the State Returning officer within 3 days who will dispose them off within five days. Appeals will lay with the 3 member Appeal Board appointed by the State Returning Officer within 10 days. The appeal shall be disposed within a month.
(f) Returning Officer has to conduct election of the State President.
(g) Make poling arrangements. On the day fixed for counting of votes, votes would be counted and one who secures the highest votes would be declared elected.
(h) If there are more than one name left after expiry of time for withdrawals then on the day fixed day of poll, polling will be conducted by polling officers appointed by the Returning Officer. On the day fixed for counting one who secures highest votes, would be declared elected.
(i) After the announcement of the result of election by the Returning Officers, election petitions which are filed within 15 days will be heard by 3 Member Appeal Board.
- METHOD & VOTING
a) All elections of the Party, shall be held by secret ballot.
b) Timetable for the election of State, District, City and Block Presidents will be drawn by the State Executive.
c) For elections to State, District, City and Block the nominations shall be accepted three day before voting. Time for withdrawal of nominations shall be fixed after scrutiny. Even if there is possibility of a unanimous election, the result shall be declared on the next day at the time of voting.
d) After withdrawal, if election is necessary, then voting shall take place on the next day. Separate lists of candidates for the posts of President laid members of the State Executive shall be prepared in legible hand by the Returning Officer, and put on the walls in the Polling Station itself. The voter shall cast his vote by writing names on the ballot paper provided to him from the lists.
e) Only one agent each along with the candidate shall be allowed to enter the Polling Station. After polling is over, votes shall be counted and the result shall be declared.
f) For the election of President, only one name will be written on the ballot paper. One who secures the highest number of votes would be declared elected
Article XXXIX PARTY DISCIPLINE
1 Breach of discipline Breach of discipline includes the following:
a) Acting or carrying on propaganda against any programme or decision of the Party.
b) Opposing the official candidate of the Party in elections to public bodies excluding those where party symbols are not allotted.
c) Violating any rule or disobeying any order passed by a competent authority of the Party.
d) Taking a Party dispute to any other agency outside the Party including print and electronic media.
e) Collecting funds for the Party unauthorized, misusing the Party funds or indulging in malpractices in enrolment of members or in the conduct of Party elections.
f) Acting in a way calculated to lower the prestige of the Party or carrying on propaganda against any Party unit or its office-bearers
g) Keeping nexus with other parties.
- DISCIPLINARY ACTION
a) Disciplinary Action Board of not more than 5 members will be constituted by the President in consultation with the State Executive,
b) On receipt of a complaint for breach of discipline, the State President, if he so desires may suspend an individual or a units followed by a show cause notice within a week of the said order.
c) Maximum 10 days time from the date of receipt of such notice may be given lo a person to reply. The State President within 7 days after the due date of the explanation shall forward the said complaint along with explanation, II any, lo the Disciplinary Action Board.
d) Disciplinary Action Board will submit its report to the President Within15 days. The President shall take action on the recommendation of the Disciplinary Action Board within a week The President will communicate the action taken to the concerned person or unit within a month.
e) No final decision for breach of discipline shall be taken against any individual or a unit without an opportunity being given to the individual or unit concerned to explain and answer such charges as are made against It or him/her.
f) Any disciplinary action at the district level shall be reported to the State President within a week of taking such action.
g) Any unit or member aggrieved by the disciplinary action taken by the unit may go in appeal within 15 days to the next higher. The appeal shall be disposed off within two months.
h) Any member contesting election against the official candidate of the Party will be summarily expelled from the Party by ‘he President
i) The President if he found any member indulged in gross violation of party discipline may suspend any member and then start disciplinary proceedings against him.
j) In case, if any elected member of Panchayat & Urban bodies, Legislative Assembly and Member of Parliament from the Party, joining/merging with other political parties without tendering resignation and their resignation being accepted by appropriate Party. Authorities such member/Members shall be deemed expelled from the Party.
Article XXXX PARTY MEMBERS IN ELECTED PUBLIC BODIES
Each Persons Parliament member. A legislator, local body members has to pay levy amount as decided by the State Executive.
Article XXXXI STATE ELECTION BOARD
1.The Election Board shall be appoint for the purpose of the elections
2.The Election Board shall work under guidance of State Executive.
3.The Election Board shall ensure that 33% of the Party ticket is reserved for the women aspirants while making final selection of candidates for the Slate Legislatures, Parliament and various local bodies. If no women candidate turn up for the party ticket then reserve ticket shall be deemed dercserved.
Article XXXXII DISTRICT ELECTION BOARD
- The District Election Board w ill shall be appoint for the purpose of the Elections.
- District Election Board shay work under guidance of District Executive.
- The District Election Board shall ensure that 33% of the Party ticket is reserved for the women aspirants while making final selection of candidates for the State Legislatures and various local bodies If no women candidate turn up for the party ticket then reserve ticket shall be deemed dereserved.
Article XXXXIII CELLS
a) The Cells shall organized on the basis of profession or territory;
b) Party members are to be organized on the basis of their occupation or vocations. When such Cells are organized the members of such Cells shall be associate members of the Party Organization in place of their residence or organized as auxiliary Organs there;
2 The Cells is the living link between the masses and other sections of the people within its area. Its tasks are:
a) To carry out the directives of the higher organs;
b) Win the masses in the locality for the Party;
c) Draw the masses and sympathizers into activity to enroll them as new members and educate them politically;
d) Help the district, local or city committees in its every day organizational matter;
e) Educate the masses of the Party ideology, policies and programmes.
Article XXXXIV FUNDS AND ACCOUNTS
- This Finance Board shall be responsible for the collection of funds, expenditure and maintenance of account. This committee will function under the direction of President and will be guided by State Treasurer.
- Fund collection receipts will be printed at the Slate levels only.
- Each receipt will be duly numbered and issued in books containing 25 receipts.
- Each receipt shall bear a facsimile signature of the concerned Treasurer. The counterfoil will be signed in full by the member who collects the money.
- Bank Account veil be opened in the name of the Party to be jointly operated by any two amongst the Treasurer and the President or the General Secretary of the organ.
- Accounting year shall be from First April.
- Annual accounts of each organ will be audited by a person appointed by a resolution of the concerned Committee and approved annually.
- Any individual contributing. 10,000/- and above shall be per year against coupons will be enrolled as Peoples’ Friend. The State Executive shall collect such fund.
Chairman Drafting Committee
Shri Kating Jerang
Member Drafting Committee:
Shri Tarang Tajo
General Secretary (Orgn)
Published by Shri Kaling Jerang, Secretary General in memory of Late Shri Tomo Riba, former party Chief Minister, Arunachal Pradesh and Late Shri Bakin Pertin, First President of PPA