AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PARTY:
The following shall be the aims and objectives of the Party:
- Stands for decentralization of economic and political power.
- Assert the right to own, use, develop and control the land and resources that the people possess by reason of traditional ownership or other traditional occupation or use, as well as those which the people have otherwise inherited.
- Assert the right to self-determination in regards to pursue of economic, social and cultural development. Right to maintain and strengthen own distinct political, legal, economic, social and cultural institutions.
- Assert the right to live in freedom, peace and security as distinct peoples.
- Designate the indigenous names for places, rivers, mountain, etc.
- Revive the past glory of self reliance; self confident, self esteemed, moral values 8 ethos and justly that prevailed in traditional society.
- Promoting economic growth and prosperity through competition, self reliance, individual initiative and enterprise with emphasis on equity and social justice.
- Assert right to establish and control the educational systems and institutions, providing education in own languages, in a manner appropriate to cultural methods of teaching and learning. And all children shall have right to all levels and forms of modem education of the State without discrimination.
- Provide such the right to the people, without discrimination in the areas of education, employment, vocational training, housing, sanitation, health and social security.
- Combat against all forms of prejudice, discrimination and corruption.
- Prepare a ground for peaceful co-existence of the different indigenous communities and promote tolerance. Understanding and good relations among people.
- Ensure that women and children enjoy the full protection and guarantees against all forms of violence and discrimination.
- Ensure the right of the women to participate in decision making.
- Ensure the rights and needs of elders, women, youth, children and persons with differently able.
- Ensuring institutionalized and democratic functioning of the Party at all levels by encouraging free exchange ol views and permitting the members of the Party to make their best individual contnbution to enrich the lives of the people in all spheres.
- Bears regional in character and global in outlooks